General Information #
Important Safety Instructions #
1. READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS.
2. For cord connected/convertible units: DANGER – Risk of injury.
- A. Replace damaged cord immediately.
- B. Do not bury cord.
- C. Connect to a grounding type receptacle only.
3. For all permanently connected units intended for use on 15 or 20 ampere, 125V or 230V, single phase branch circuits: WARNING – Risk of Electric Shock. Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
4. For all cord connected units other than storable pool pumps: WARNING – Risk of Electric Shock. Connect only to a grounding type receptacle protected by a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the receptacle is protected by a GFCI.
5. For all permanently connected units: WARNING – Risk of Electric Shock. Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the receptacle is protected by a GFCI.
6. For units intended for above-ground storable swimming pools: Do not bury cord. Locate cord to minimize abuse from lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, and other equipment.
7. For all cord and plug connected units: WARNING – To reduce the risk of electric shock, replace damaged cord immediately.
8. For units intended for above ground storable swimming pools: WARNING – To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not use extension cord to connect unit to electric supply; provide a properly located outlet.
9. CAUTION: At low or no flow conditions, gas may accumulate – ensure system is off when backwashing or when water is not being treated to prevent an unsafe gas buildup. Pressure switches, flow switches and other safety equipment to prevent unsafe gas buildup is recommended.
10. When the modified air is introduced into the pool or spa water via the existing plumbing, the biocide is produced. Some of the remaining activated atoms either keep minerals dissolved in the water or remove minerals that were previously deposited.
11. This unit is to be installed in accordance with the installation instructions, the applicable plumbing and building codes, the applicable state and local laws and regulations, and the requirements of the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
12. When installing and using this equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following.
13. WARNING – To reduce the risk of injury, do not permit children to use this product unless they are closely supervised at all times.
14. WARNING – Do not sit or stand on unit.
15. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Electrical Safety #
- Do not service the machine when the power is ON.
- The power supply wire gauge and insulation must meet the temperature and power requirements.
- To avoid personal injury never touch exposed electrical connections or components while the power is ON.
- Do not install/service the Clear Comfort system if you or the machine is standing in water with the power ON.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs and the point where they exit from the system.
- The device must be properly connected to the correct power source (either 60Hz 120V or 230V) using the supplied power cord in accordance with the local electrical code. If possible the unit should be hardwired to the pump circuit and controlled by the pump circuit (rather than hardwiring, an appropriate 120V or 230V receptacle outlet and plug may be used to connect to the pump controlled circuit). If the unit is being wired to standalone AC power (i.e., not through the pump circuit on either 120V or 230V) it should be installed with its own timer circuit and plugged in through a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) and the timer should be set to reflect the pool or tub’s hours of operation. Regardless if hardwired or standalone connected, the electrical connection must be made in accordance with the local electrical code.
The Clear Comfort, Inc. system must be properly grounded. An electrical ground connection to a reliable earth ground is essential for safe operation. Without an electrical ground, all accessible conductive components (including knobs and controls that appear insulated) can render an electrical shock.
General Safety #
Use personal protective equipment (steel toe shoes, hearing protection, eye protection) when installing the Clear Comfort system. Follow ladder safety requirements.