Frequently asked questions
Cartridge Exchange FAQs
For the CCW100 & CCW50 AOP Systems
Have questions? We’re happy to help! Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions about the Clear Comfort Factory-New Cartridge Exchange, Sustainable Cartridge Exchange and Core Deposit.
1. It’s Good For Your Water Quality
So your Clear Comfort system can keep providing the best water quality possible, your cartridge must be exchanged each year (or after 10,000 hours of use). No other system maintenance is required.
2. It’s Good For Our Planet
Designed with sustainability in mind, Clear Comfort cartridges use reusable, strong and durable aluminum, which helps your system last the lifetime of your pool or spa. The result is a lighter environmental footprint and less waste in landfills.
When your old cartridge is sent back, Clear Comfort recycles and repurposes it to create a refreshed cartridge exchange with the same performance and durability of your original system.
3. It’s Good For You
Additionally, by using materials that can be used to build new cartridges, Clear Comfort is able to keep consumable costs down and more affordable to achieve the best, healthiest and easiest pool water. A win-win for you and the planet
- Yellow Light: Cartridge is about to expire and it’s time to purchase a replacement.
- Red Light: Cartridge has expired and needs to be replaced immediately.
When it’s time to order a new Cartridge for your CCW100 or CCW50 AOP pool system, you have two options:
- Sustainable Cartridge Exchange
- Factory-New Cartridge Exchange
Both options reflect our dedication to quality, performance and customer satisfaction, allowing you to choose the Cartridge that best aligns with your preferences.
Our Sustainable Cartridge Exchange option helps you save money and the environment. Sustainable Cartridges are made from high-quality materials repurposed from other Cartridges, without compromising on quality or performance.
To support our environmental commitment, each Sustainable Cartridge includes a refundable $100 Core Deposit at the time of purchase. When your new Sustainable Cartridge order is delivered, please return your old Cartridge for recycling using included the box and pre-paid label within 180 days of receiving it. After returning, you’ll get your Core Deposit refunded.
If you ordered a Sustainable Cartridge Exchange, you have 180 days after your new Cartridge is delivered to return the old Cartridge and get your Core Deposit refund.
If you ordered a Factory-New Cartridge Exchange, you have the option to return your old Cartridge at your convenience.
- When your CCW100 or CCW50 AOP system’s Cartridge LED Light illuminates a:
- Yellow Light: Your Cartridge will expire soon and it’s time to order a replacement.
- Red Light: Your cartridge is expired and must be replaced immediately.
- Your refundable $100 Core Deposit is paid at the time of purchasing a Sustainable Cartridge.
- When your new Sustainable Cartridge is delivered, within 180 days please:
- Save the pre-paid label and packaging included with your new Cartridge
- Install your new Cartridge, following our instructions
- Put your old Cartridge in the included packaging your new Cartridge arrived in
- Use the included prepaid label to ship your old Cartridge back to Clear Comfort for recycling within 180 days
- When Clear Comfort receives your old Cartridge, the Core Deposit purchaser will be refunded within 15 – 45 days. If you purchased through a Clear Comfort dealer, the Core Deposit will be sent to them.
- Clear Comfort recycles and repurposes your old cartridge to create a new one, which lessens your home’s environmental footprint.
Your Sustainable Cartridge Core Deposit will be refunded when you send your old Cartridge back with the pre-paid label and packaging included with your new one within 180 days of receiving it.
When Clear Comfort receives your old Cartridge, the Core Deposit purchaser will be refunded within 15 – 45 days.
Here’s how Clear Comfort refunds the person or company that ordered the new Sustainable Cartridge:
- If you ordered online, your original form of payment will be refunded
- If you ordered over the phone, your refund will be mailed by check