A commercial pool in Estes Park, Colo. achieved a 70 percent reduction in total amount of pool chlorine used with Clear Comfort’s commercial pool system.
Why Reduce Chlorine
While chlorine is a common sanitizer, when it interacts with contaminants and organic matter, it creates disinfection byproducts. DBPs can be harmful to humans and cause lung irritation, red eyes, dry skin, and more serious health problems including asthma and bronchiolitis. In addition, DBPs cause the intense chlorine smell we all associate with public swimming pools.
The Estes Park Recreation Center pool serves as the only public swimming facility for the community and school district. In January 2015, the recreation center installed the Clear Comfort commercial pool system. After tracking chlorine use through July 2015 and comparing it with the same period one year before, After tracking chlorine use through July 2015 and comparing it with the same period one year before, Estes Park found it had saved 70 percent of its chlorine expenditure, saving the facility more than $1,000.
Do you want to learn how you can reduce pool chlorine use at your facility?
Download the full case study or contact us today at 303.872.4477 or by completing the form below.
Latest posts by Lauren McNitt (see all)
- Clear Comfort Partners with National Commercial Pool Equipment Distributor Lincoln Aquatics - April 26, 2017
- Clear Comfort named Pool & Spa News Top 50 Product - April 21, 2017
- Premier Competitive Swimming Program Adopts Healthier, Low Chlorine Pool System - April 11, 2017
- Clear Comfort Expands Reach with United Aqua Group Partnership - April 4, 2017
- Top pool opening tips from our pool service partners - March 29, 2017