After swimming in your pool or closing it for the winter, it can be easy to overlook the importance of covering your pool and the type of swimming pool cover you use – but it’s worth the extra attention. Swimming pool covers offer various benefits for homeowners. As temperatures and leaves start dropping, you’ll need to winterize and cover your pool to keep it protected. However, protecting your pool from weather and debris during the off-season is not the only reason to own a high-quality pool cover. Pool covers have made innovative strides over the years and now have more common uses beyond annual pool closings. As a residential pool owner, you have various swimming pool cover options that can accommodate your environmental and personal needs. Here, we’ve listed some of the top benefits of swimming pool covers as well as the options to consider when searching for the right cover for your home.
Cover Your Bases: Swimming Pool Cover BenefitsCovering your swimming pool can offer numerous benefits for your pool and your family. Depending on the type you use, pool covers can help your home:
- Reduce the risk of accidental drowning.
- Conserve water by reducing evaporation.
- Reduce chemical consumption by reducing water evaporation. The less you water you need to add, the fewer chemicals you will need to add.
- Save time on maintenance by allowing less debris in the pool and, therefore, less vacuuming.
- Reduce the energy costs of heating the pool water, since most pool covers retain heat.
- Maintain a better pool water temperature at night, allowing you to swim more comfortable.