Frequently asked questions
Cartridge Core Charge FAQs
For the CCW100 & CCW50 AOP Systems
Have questions? We’re happy to help! Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions about the Cartridge Core Charge.
When you order your new replacement cartridge you will pay a refundable $50 Core Charge deposit, which Clear Comfort will pay you back once we receive your old cartridge. If your old cartridge isn’t returned, your core charge will not be refunded.
Core Charges only apply to CCW100 and CCW50 AOP systems.
1. It’s Good For Your Water Quality
So your Clear Comfort system can keep providing the best water quality possible, your cartridge must be exchanged each year (or after 10,000 hours of use). No other system maintenance is required.
2. It’s Good For Our Planet
Designed with sustainability in mind, Clear Comfort cartridges use reusable, strong and durable aluminum, which helps your system last the lifetime of your pool or spa. The result is a lighter environmental footprint and less waste in landfills.
When your old cartridge is sent back, Clear Comfort recycles and repurposes it to create a refreshed cartridge exchange with the same performance and durability of your original system.
3. It’s Good For You
Additionally, by using materials that can be used to build new cartridges, Clear Comfort is able to keep consumable costs down and more affordable to achieve the best, healthiest and easiest pool water. A win-win for you and the planet
When your CCW100 or CCW50 AOP system’s cartridge Status LED Light illuminates:
- Yellow Light: Cartridge is about to expire and it’s time to purchase a replacement.
- Red Light: Cartridge has expired and needs to be replaced immediately.
To order your new cartridge, please visit: clearcomfort.com/cartridge
It’s easy to exchange your cartridge to get your Core Charge refund, and here’s how:
- When your Clear Comfort system’s cartridge Status LED Light illuminates a:
- Yellow Light: Your cartridge will expire soon and it’s time to order a replacement.
- Red Light: Your cartridge is expired and must be replaced immediately.
- Your refundable $50 Core Charge is paid at time of purchase.
- Once you receive your new cartridge:
- Save the pre-paid label and packaging that your new cartridge arrived in.
- Install your new cartridge, following the instructions.
- Put your old cartridge in the packaging new Cartridge arrived in.
- Use the prepaid label to mail your old cartridge back to Clear Comfort for proper recycling within 180 days.
- When Clear Comfort receives your old cartridge, your Core Charge will be refunded within 15 – 45 days to the purchaser of the exchange. If you purchased through a Clear Comfort dealer the core charge will be sent to them.
- Clear Comfort recycles and repurposes your old cartridge to create a new one, which lessens your home’s environmental footprint.
When you send your old cartridge back with the pre-paid label and packaging provided with your new cartridge exchange. Once Clear Comfort receives your old cartridge, the purchaser of the Core Charge will be refunded within 15 – 45 days.
Here’s how Clear Comfort refunds the person or company that ordered the new cartridge:
- If you ordered online, your original form of payment will be refunded
- If you ordered over the phone, your refund will be mailed by a check
After receiving your new cartridge, you have 180 days to return the old cartridge back for your Core Charge refund.
Yes. Please call or email Clear Comfort, and we will be happy to send you a new pre-paid return label.
It is at the dealer’s discretion whether they charge their customer the Core Charge or if they take responsibility to collect the old cartridge(s) for a Core Charge refund.
If you are purchasing through a dealer, the simplest way to exchange your cartridge is by visiting your dealer’s store or location to swap your old cartridge for a new cartridge. If you are purchasing through a service company, you can do the same swap on site.
If your cartridge was ordered from your dealer, please contact them for additional details.