In the summer, you want to be outdoors as much as possible, spending time with family and friends, creating memories and soaking up that Vitamin D. Having a beautiful backyard with a swimming pool or spa is an easy way to make this happen. However, you’ll want to include the features and supplies needed to ensure your family remains healthy and has a wonderful time outdoors as well.
Here are some features and supplies you can add to your home spa or swimming or spa environment.
1. Gorgeous Patio Area
In between jumping in your pool for some fun swim, you want to create an area where you can relax and become comfortable. A gorgeous patio area is a must any home with a swimming pool. This is the space where you can sit back and talk to friends and family, lay down and soak in the sun.
As you create this gorgeous patio area, a few things you want to keep in mind include:
- Provide lots of seating. You want water-resistant, yet comfortable seats that will accommodate large groups of people for several hours at a time.
- Don’t forget to include lots of plant life. Grow flowers in large planter pots and beautiful succulents in the gravel around the swimming area.
- Place a fire pit off to the side to give the space a unique element This can be a fun place to roast hot dogs or marshmallows or just to add a more romantic atmosphere.
2. Pool and Spa Disinfection System
Having a beautiful, relaxing area isn’t enough – you also want to have a safe and healthy swimming area for your entire family. To help make this happen, install a chlorine-alternative spa or pool cleaning system. These systems can help keep your water clean by destroying bacteria and other unwanted contaminants that irritate skin, eyes and cause asthma and allergies.
There are several popular chlorine-alternative pool disinfection systems that can help remove these unwanted contaminants. For example, a UV pool system will help reduce unwanted while also reducing toxic chemical use, but it does require complicated system maintenance that should be done by a pool professional. Another low-chlorine pool system option is Hydroxyl-Based Advanced Oxidation (AOP). Instead of relying on chlorine or bromine, hydroxyl-based AOP uses hydroxyls, the strongest oxidative compounds available for pool treatment. These hydroxyls rapidly destroy unwanted contaminants on contact to maintain fresh, clean and clear water. While there are many options, you will want to talk to a professional about the best options for your specific swimming area.
3. Water Cover
After you’ve has a day of swimming, you will want to cover it up to keep leaves, dirt and other debris from getting in the water. In addition to keeping the water clean and clear, covering your pool is a much-needed safety feature. It’s not uncommon for animals, young children and even distracted adults to accidentally fall in the water without the proper protection. The right pool cover can also help keep the water warm, so you can save money by running your pool heater less.
Swimming areas make a great focal point for backyards. They can help boost the home’s curb appeal and value. However, not everyone looks to these areas for parties and entertaining. Rather, they want a space that is relaxing, calming, and serene. They want a place where they can relax, soak and destress after a long day at work.
To make this happen, a terrific feature to consider is a waterfall. These small water features add a stunning appearance to any backyard. You can add many luscious plants nearby and a unique design to truly help it stand out and transform the outdoor space. Furthermore, the sound of the trickling and rushing water is ideal for hiding the noise of nearby traffic or loud neighbors. You may also consider built-in seats near the waterfall to create the perfect relaxation area.
Your pool cover isn’t the only safety feature your pool needs. Installing fences around your pool area is a great way to help keep your family, guests and animals safe. In addition, fences can shield your swimming area from unwanted guests and animals. Depending on the type of fence you choose to install, it can also provide privacy and protect your family from prying eyes.
With the right features and supplies, you can easily create a swimming area that all of your family and friends will enjoy all summer long.
Latest posts by Gabrielle Palumbo (see all)
- Clear Comfort Launches the World’s Fastest AOP Treatment Installation Kits - February 11, 2020
- Clear Comfort Introduces a New Level of Water Treatment for Jacuzzi® Hot Tubs - December 5, 2019
- Clear Comfort and Innovative Water Care Collaborate to Deliver the Best and Easiest Water Quality Solution - October 22, 2019
- The Best Pool Features and Supplies You Need this Summer - July 3, 2019
- Clear Comfort Announces Continued Growth with Jeffrey Campbell Joining as the Director of Business Development - June 19, 2019