If you live in a state with an “endless summer” and you own a pool, you’re in luck, according to recent data from Trulia.
Markets where home pools boost the list price
As you might expect, Trulia found Florida had the most home pools, followed by Arizona and California. Trulia also found that having a pool in these markets boosts the home list price.
In Florida, a pool can add as much as 19 percent to a home’s list price. In California, the price impact is about 8 percent. The price impact in Arizona was the lowest at 5 percent, but Trulia says this is likely because buyers and sellers in Arizona assume a pool is a given. Arizona boasts the highest number of pools per single-family homes in the United States.
Up north hot tubs are the trend
Up north, hot tubs can give home prices a slight lift. Markets in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts experiences price impacts of between 3 and 4 percent. An outlier, Louisiana, also saw impact of 3 to 4 percent in a few markets.
Latest posts by Lauren McNitt (see all)
- Clear Comfort Partners with National Commercial Pool Equipment Distributor Lincoln Aquatics - April 26, 2017
- Clear Comfort named Pool & Spa News Top 50 Product - April 21, 2017
- Premier Competitive Swimming Program Adopts Healthier, Low Chlorine Pool System - April 11, 2017
- Clear Comfort Expands Reach with United Aqua Group Partnership - April 4, 2017
- Top pool opening tips from our pool service partners - March 29, 2017